• Remotely Power 24VDC Passive POE Equipment thruCAT5 Cable from USB power.
• A Must for Every Wireless Tech Tool Kit!
• Up to 12W Passive 24VDC POE Output Power
• Short Circuit, Over Current and Over Voltage Protection
• 10/100Mb Compatible
• Troubleshooting Passive POE Wireless Systems
• Wireless Access Points and Client Devices
• IP Phone and Security Camera Systems
The TP-DCDC-2USB-24 Passive Power Over Ethernet Power Source offered by Tycon Power Systems is a unique 24VDC Passive POE injector powered by two USB ports. They work by supplying power to the remote device on the 4 unused Ethernet pins 4,5(+) and 7,8(-). The Ethernet spec supports distances up to 100m (328 feet).
They have various protections for short circuit, overload and over voltage. The TP-DCDC-2USB-24 has an output power of up to 12W which is dependent on the capacity of the USB port that it is plugged into. USB2.0 ports are 0.5A and USB3.0 ports are 0.9A. Newer USB ports provide up to 1.5A.
This USB powered POE injector is a must for any technician’s toolbox because it allows powering of Ubiquiti and Mikrotik as well as other 24VDC Passive POE products from a laptop’s USB port. This allows the technician to quickly test the device by direct connection to his laptop, saving him a lot of time.
The TP-DCDC-2USB-24 can also be used in customer premise equipment to power external wireless gear from a customer’s computer USB ports, reducing wiring clutter at the PC and allowing the wireless gear to be powered down when the computer is powered down to conserve energy.
Dimensions: 85 x 76 x 36mm (3.4 x 3 x 1.4in)
Weight: 134g (4.7oz)