• MPPT Temperature Compensated 40A Charging
• Fully Automatic Operation
• LCD Displays: Battery Volts, Battery Temp, Battery Level, Load Current and Solar Current
• Autoranging 12V or 24V Battery Arrays
• Multimode Load Operation – 5 selectable modes
• Soft Start 20A Load Output to Power High Capacitive Loads
• Automatic 30day Battery Equalization
• Conformal Coated Electronics for Environmental Protection
• TVS lightning protection, Industrial Temperature Range
• Low self consumption <1W
• Remote Power Systems
• Solar Lighting
The Tycon Solar TP-SC24-40-MPPT solar controllers are MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) temperature compensated battery charging controllers. The battery temperature probe is included. The controllers are auto-ranging to accommodate 12V and 24V battery systems. They are designed to charge Flooded, AGM, GEL or Lithium batteries. They also have a USER setting for customizable battery charge settings.
They have full electronic protections for short circuit, reverse current, over-power, over-voltage, over-charge, overdischarge and over-temperature. The built-in over-discharge protection and low self consumption ensures the battery is not over-discharged, which greatly increases the life of the batteries. All protections are auto-recovery.
An automatic battery equalization charge automatically engages once every 30days (Programmable). The equalization charge helps to balance the batteries in an array and reduce the possibility of battery sulfation.
Connections are via 6 screw terminals for wire size up to 10AWG. The controllers are internally fused for protection, but we recommend always using an external 40A fuse between the controller and the battery. There are four screw holes for wall mounting. In addition, there are two DIN Rail brackets for DIN Rail mounting included.